Are you a nostalgic person? Are you sentimental? There are traditions that my family did when we were little, but I love the traditions that we do as a family now. We are just starting our list of Christmas traditions, and it thrills my heart to see my little ones participate. If you have some traditions that you want to share, please do. I love hearing about what other families do during the most wonderful time of the year.
1. Go look at Christmas Lights.
2. Decorate the Christmas Tree together.
3. Make Christmas Ornaments
4. If we don't make an ornament, then we buy one for each of the boys. When they are grown they will have ornaments from their childhood to put on their tree.
5. Read the story of Jesus' birth on Christmas Eve.
6. Have a Christmas dinner or party with friends and family.
7. Make and/or send Christmas cards.
8. Pass out baked goods to your neighbors and people at the nursing homes.
9. String popcorn or make paper garland for the Christmas tree.
10. Go ice skating.
11. Decorate each child's door with festive garland or artwork.
12. Watch Christmas movies.
13. Bake and decorate cookies.
14. Make a specific item that each person likes for Christmas dinner.
15. Attend a Naivety Scene.
16. Adopt a tree angel.
17. Limit the gift giving. Jesus received 3 gifts and that's good enough for us. We have also done the 4 gift rule. Each child gets something to read, something to wear, something he needs, and something he wants.
18. Go Christmas Caroling or watch the carolers sing.
19. Donate to Toys for Tots or your favorite charity.
20. Attend Christmas Eve or Christmas Day service.
Merry Christmas, and don't forget to share your favorite Christmas tradition.